In the vast realm of the Internet, words flow like magma from every erupting source. Most of those words remain in a perpetual state of hot air and liquid nothingness–it takes a piece of truly remarkable content to solidify and create a resounding impact on those around it.
In the ever-changing world of content marketing, the quality of the content produced is more important than ever. It’s not enough to create content every day, it’s much more beneficial to create content that informs, engages, and enlightens your visitors and followers. Once your remarkable digital content solidifies, it takes on a stronger, reinforced, and almost intangible superiority to other competing forms, making you the most trusted source for your target demographic. If you’re unsure how to create solid content, try these 5 tips for creating remarkable content:
- Be Your Content’s Volcanist. Before you can begin creating solid content, you have to think about your audience. What do they want to know and how can you help them find the information they desire? If you just start producing content that’s not relevant to your audience, then it’ll never solidify and you’ll just be another unreliable source, constantly blowing hot air. Ask yourself: what does my audience already know, what do they want to know, what might they want to know? Also, keep your content’s goal in mind before producing it. Is it meant to engage your audience and strengthen their experience, or is there a specific action you’re encouraging your viewers to take? Brainstorm, do your research, and begin when you’re an expert.
- Format Your Molten Content. Just as people don’t like to look at a strange blob of solidified molten rock, they don’t like to stare at a huge block of text and sift through it to find the desired information. Give your readers headings and subheadings, bolded and italicized words or phrases, and plenty of images. If you find there was a piece of content that received a significant amount of attention, model other forms after it to see if it’s something your viewers liked.
- K.I.S.S. Your Creation. K.I.S.S., for those of you who don’t know, is an acronym meaning: keep it simple, stupid. Only focus on one topic at a time and don’t let it overflow with mounds of jargon. Also, make sure your content is written for your audience. If you’re trying to appeal to working moms who enjoy a trip to the spa every few months, don’t write them a white paper fit for an aerospace engineer. Keep it clean, simple, and relatable.
- Remember Your Audience. Your content’s goal is to inspire and excite your audience, and your audience won’t be impressed with a bunch of lackluster pieces of content being thrown at them. One solid piece of content thrown at a reader’s head will leave a much more memorable and resounding mark than a dust storm of unimportant information. If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas, get your head out of the everflowing magma river of irrelevant content and look to your audience. Do your research and listen to your audience if you’re unsure what to create next–through their interactions with your brand, they’ll guide you to the topics they find important. Never ignore your critics and always work to drive conversations with your audience through your content.
- A Rock Is a Rock, Until it’s Not. You’ve created your remarkable content, it’s formatted to perfection, but it’s still just another rock on the ground–how do you make it stand out? Use a variety of different delivery methods and post types to excite your audience. Be creative and think outside the box–the same format and delivery week after week will begin to bore your audience. Instead, dedicate one or two pieces of content a month to being your masterpieces. Take your solid pieces of content and chisel them into the David of Internet communication.
A solid base of content creates a foundation your audience will use to stand by you and your online persona. Cater to their needs and they’ll keep coming back for more.
Can you think of any other tips for creating remarkable content? Share your suggestions with us–we’d love to hear them.
Expert SEO & Digital Marketing services for businesses in Orlando, Wichita, Atlanta & Throughout the US.