In construction marketing, many businesses are lulled into a false sense of security believing that their work speaks for itself. Indeed, that’s true; word-of-mouth and referrals are great ways to leverage relationships with existing customers to reach new ones, but it’s crucial to create brand recognition and awareness through media as well.
A great way to solidify your company’s reputation as quality-minded, trustworthy, and reputable is by getting accredited with an industry association. When your name is linked with upstanding organizations, you’ll be able to connect organically with clients who are looking for the services you provide. Additionally, you’ll have access to events where you can network with other professionals and capitalize on opportunities for growth and partnerships. Some examples include:
· National Association of Home Builders
· Associated General Contractors of America
· Associated Builders and Contractors
· Construction Management Association of America
Establish or grow your online presence including website and social media platforms. Most of the time your first opportunity to impress a client comes before you ever meet face-to-face. Potential clients want to see a visually appealing website that’s easy to navigate. They want to see an active social media presence with engaging content. They want to see pictures of your projects and positive reviews from your past clients. They are looking for what sets you apart from the rest and why they would want to choose you.
Some great ways to engage digitally with potential clients are:
· Imagery: High-quality photos of your work show your audience what you do and how well you do it.
· Video Tutorials: Teaching your audience how to build something such as a simple DIY project or how to upgrade their existing landscaping/deck/pergola etc. is a great way to provide useful content and establish yourselves as a great resource to check out.
· Customer Recommendations: Make sure you share all the 5-star reviews previous customers have given your work. Offer current customers an incentive for posting a review or liking and sharing your content with their social media friends.
· Interesting Industry News: Did you recently complete a project that highlighted a current trend in homebuilding? Do you have experience with a certain deck material that stands up against adverse weather conditions better than others? Refacing vs. painting kitchen cabinets? Your social media feeds are where you can establish yourself as the expert and engage with people who will want and need your services now or in the future.
Want some help building your digital presence & acquiring more customers? Green Arrow Marketing & Media has your back. We’ll work together to establish a strategy to keep you in front of existing and potential customers.