With sports injuries taking center stage in arenas like the NFL, athletes are taking better care of their bodies than ever before. Wimbledon Health Partners is an organization that offers a host of services, inculding on-site diagnostics. If athletes and students can see abnormalities in thier hearts and cardiovascular systems in general, threats like sudden cardiac arrest can be greatly reduced. As a preventative measure, having your students and athletes tested early, you a providing for them an opportunity to identify possible threats and future problems, before they arise.
Most people who die from pre-existing heart conditions, have little to no warning that there is an issue. In a high impact environment athletes find themselves in, elevated heart rates, increased blood flow and heightened activity all contribute to an increase in the risk of experiencing health issues. Pile on common dehydration, trauma, fatigue and muscle damage, and the risks greatly increase. Deteriorating vascular conditions and blood clots can pose a threat to even the healthiest of people. 80% of people tested have some form of abnormality, and everyone deserves to know.
Wimbledon Health Partners
Wimbledon Health Partners is an industry leader providing on-site diagnostics for cardiovascular testing since 2013. By providing services directly in the offices of physicians, the tests can be carried out by trained personnel in the comfort of a doctors office. By working with young athletes, the goal is to bring to light existing abnormalities. These can range from cardiovascular conditions, heart conditions and other issues that typically don’t present symptoms until too much damage has already been done.
Here’s a list of some of the conditions that may be uncovered as a result of the tests performed by Wimbledon Health Partners:
- Poor circulation, arteriosclerosis, blood cots and other vascular conditions – detected by a Bilateral Arterial with Doppler
- Increased Stroke Risk – detected by a Cartoid Ultrasound
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – detected by a Bilateral Venous Ultrasound
- Venous Insufficiency – detected by aBilateral Venous Ultrasound
- Peripheral Arterial Disease in the Legs – detected by an Ankle-Brachial Index
- Cysts – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Tumors – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Absesses – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Obstructions – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Fluid Collection – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Infections within and or around the kidneys – detected by a Renal with Artery Doppler
- Distension – detected by an Abdominal Doppler Ultrasound
- Abnormal Liver Function – detected by an Abdominal Doppler Ultrasound
- Heart disease – detected by an Aortic Ultrasound
- Bruit – detected by an Aortic Ultrasound
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm – detected by an Aortic Ultrasound
- Heart Muscle Issues – detected by an Echocardiogram
As you can see, the benefits of testing with Wimbledon Health Partners can literally be life saving. By screening your students and athletes, you giving them a leg up on any issues they might be facing and don’t know about. Early detection is crucial for many of the above issues, and just knowing that the issue is present gives you a tremendous advantage.
If you’re interested in learning more about what Wimbledon Health Partners has to offer, feel free to contact them directly at 855-200-8262 or visit them at www.wimbledonhealthpartners.com